- Install and instance of OpenMRS
- install java
- install tomcat
Create a user account with name tomcat on the computer with administration privileges. Ensure that it has a password.
Configure tomcat to run from tomcat user.
How to: Go to control panel ->administrative tools -> services -> right click Apache tomcat service -> click on properties-> under logon change log on as to this user
Then enter tomcat username and enter the tomcat account password then apply.
Please see image below
- Install mysql
- Make sure that the "mysql" is added to the path. And then after installation, test it out by opening a command prompt and then type "mysql". If you see "mysql is not recognized" message, then you need to add the mysql location to the path environtment variable.
- Manually adding the path:
- Right click on "My Computer"
- Go to Advanced tab
- Environment Variables (bottom part of the dialog)
- Find the path and add the mysql "bin" directory path to it (Usually C:\Program Files\MySQL\bin, you can check it)
- And then just ok ok ok and ok until all dialog is gone
- Test it out by opening a new command and then type "mysql"
- log into tomcat manager and upload AMRS war file. This should be the same version as the one running on production server.
- Start AMRS application on the stand alone computer.-This will take you to the initial setup for configuration.
- create a database called amrs
- allow upload of modules
- Do not load demo data to be loaded on the tables
- Install the Clinical summary module
- Install Adobe reader
- If you are using a windows computer, make sure you create a tomcat user and have tomcat run from it. Also make sure that the OpenMRS folder is on this user under application data
- Open the openmrs-servelet on edit mode i.e. using a program like notepad or wordpad
MAKE SURE YOU INCREASE THE UPLOAD SIZE Go to C:\program files\Apache software foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\amrs\WEB-INF
increase the max upload size value to be greater than the files you will need to upload to the computer.
- create the roles and privileges for the instance
- create roles and assign privileges
- Summary Administrator privileges-Add users, delete users,edit users,generate summaries,Manage clinical summaries,manage roles, manage summaries,patient Dashboard-view demographics section,patient Dashboard-view overview section,patient Dashboard-view patient summary,print clinical summary,print summaries, view administration functions,view clinical summary,view roles,view summaries,view users
- *Summary sheet Assistant *Privileges-Manage clinical summaries, manage summaries,patient Dashboard-view patient summary,print clinical summary,print summaries,view clinical summary,view summaries,view administration fucntions
- Create summary sheet users and assign them roles
- create roles and assign privileges
- Load the pre-generated summary sheets zip file to the computer under from upload/download link on clinical summaries module on the administration page
- Remember to also download the secret file to decrypt the zip file. Secret file should have the same name with the zip file without the zip extension. Make sure that the file is 16 bytes (if not then the file is corrupted and you might need to re-download the zip file hehe ...). Also don't edit the file :) If you can't find the matching secret file in the download page, wait for a while after you're done downloading the zip file and then refresh the download page.
- To decrypt the file, you need to enter the password, passphrase, secret file and zip file. Decryption might make the uploading slower. Once the uploading process complete, then we need to test out if the file is correctly decrypted by trying to get some of the summary file (or go to task no 5 below).
- Set the following global property (to enable printing from the patient dashboard, not really recommended but sometimes it will take a while to search a patient by the name):
- Run a test to find out if the batch printing is working
Remember to use the OMOD file from production server. I use the research server to stabilize the module because research is the most similar machine with the production server. Typically, the research will have the latest OMOD version. An email will be sent to the group if a new stable OMOD becomes available.